Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hardwood Floors
before and after of what took weeks to refinish our dining room/entryway floor

Tah da! It won't look like this again until the basement is finished. We just don't have enough room for all the supplies and fixtures etc. that will go down there. I'm glad I got a picture!

Wish it still was this pretty! Some of the clear coat came up after all that hard work. (I blame me because I may have used too much stain...) I also scratched it when I moved the couch across...I had forgotten the bottom had exposed screws!! :( I guess it has character now.

This shows the foam that had to be scraped by hand, then the old yellow paint that had to be scraped and repeatedly stripped. After all that, the finishing could begin.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks like a lot of hard work but it turned out beautiful. I can't wait to see it all in person.

    ReplyDelete

background